Author(s): Damian Harper; Lonely Planet Publications Staff
Travel - Guides
Lonely Planet Pocket Shanghai is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stroll the colonial promenade known as the Bund; immerse yourself in the chic charms of the French Concession; and take in the modern skyline of Pudong; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Shanghai and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Shanghai:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Shanghai map (included in print version), plus more than 15 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers the French Concession, the Bund & People's Square, Pudong, Old Town, Jinganand more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Shanghai , a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of Shanghai's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Shanghai guide.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's China or Discover China guide for a comprehensive look at all China has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.