Author(s): Lonely Planet Publications Staff; Dan Savery Raz; Paul Clammer; Mark Elliott; Anthony Ham; Jessica Lee; Virginia Maxwell; Simon Richmond; Daniel Robinson; Anthony Sattin
Travel - Guides
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely PlanetMiddle Eastis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Be awed by the grandeur of Istanbul's Aya Sofia, contemplate history at Jerusalem's Dome of the Rock, and explore the wonder of Giza's Pyramids; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Middle East and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely PlanetMiddle East:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itinerarieshelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tipsto save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insightsgive you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, religion, architecture, cuisine, arts, landscape, environment, traveller etiquette, safe travel, women travellers
- CoversEgypt, Iran, Iraqi Kurdistan, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline mapsprevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notesto personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetMiddle East,our most comprehensive guide to theMiddle East, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Turkey, Egypt or Iran?Check out Lonely Planet'sTurkey, Egypt orIranguides for a comprehensive look at all these countries have to offer.
- Also check out Lonely Planet Istanbul,a detailedguideto the city's most renowned attractions, or Pocket Istanbul,a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors:Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Anthony Ham, Sofia Barbarani, Jessica Lee, Virginia Maxwell, Daniel Robinson, Anthony Sattin, Andy Symington, Jenny Walker
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Important Notice:The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.